What is massage therapy?
Massage is defined as the rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints of the body and hands as a means of relieving tension and pain and stimulate circulation. Massage techniques can vary from light stroking to deep pressure.
Why offer massage therapy with chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care, when combined with the benefits massage therapy, can be more effective and longer lasting than chiropractic alone. When subluxation, or misalignment of bones, joints, and vertebra occurs, the muscles become tense. Massage therapy can aid in the reduction of muscle tension, stress, and pain and allow the manipulation of the musculoskeletal system to occur much more easily.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
There are many benefits of massage including:
- Stress relief
- Improvements in circulation
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Strengthens the immune system
- Pain relief
There are different types of massage including:
- Swedish Massage – This is a more gentle form of massage using long strokes, kneading, and tapping to help relax and energize.
- Deep Tissue Massage – This technique targets the deeper layers of the muscle and connective tissue and uses more forceful strokes.
- Sports Massage – Similar to Swedish Massage, this technique is more focused on sports activities to treat and prevent injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage – This massage focuses on very specific areas of tight muscle fibers that form in muscles due to injuries.
We have multiple massage therapists with appointments six days a week.
- 30 minutes for $35
- 60 minutes for $65
- 90 minutes for $95
For fascia blasting add 30 minutes to the massage.
Introducing the NOVO Total Body Massage Chair
- AUTO-WELLNESS PROGRAMS – Indulge in 34 programs, including full-body immersion, dep tissue and an effective collection of therapeutic relaxation and recovery programs.
- CLOUD TOUCH ACUPRESSURE – Strategically placed targeted aircells apply pressure to key healing points and manipulate your body to stretch muscles.
- ZERO-GRAVITY MASSAGE – Ergonomic zero-gravity seating provides extra relief of back pain and reduced pressure on the vertebrae. allowing your large muscles to completely relax for a restorative massage.
- LUMBAR HEAT – Using warm air technology, targeted heat continually flows to the lumbar area, gently soothing tight muscles and relieving pain.
- FULL-BODY STRETCH – Our expansive “bend and stretch” functionality provides unprecedented leg and spine relief, increasing blood flow to the vertebrae and discs and rejuvenating the lower back, allowing you to recover with greater efficiency.
- EXTENDING FOOT-AND-CALF MASSAGER – With under foot rollers for optimized reflexology
and adjustable intensity for calves and feet, the extendable leg rest automatically adjusts for your height.
Pricing for your NOVO chair massage
- 10 minutes for $15
- 20 minutes for $30
- 30 minutes for $40 (Best value)
- Cupping by doctor or massage therapist
- Fascia blasting
Schedule an appointment today
Call us at (605) 348-2116 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about how our NOVO total body massage chair can help you in your chiropractic treatment plan.