Physical therapy addresses movement impairments and works to help people improve and maintain function and quality of life.
Here at Solutions Chiropractic you will work one-on-one with your physical therapist who will create an individual treatment plan to match your goals, help you to improve your fitness, function, and avoid surgery, or successfully recover from surgery.
Orthopedic physical therapy is the diagnosis, management, and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders. Physical therapists are experts in the assessment of movement and can help individuals move better, often with less pain, through skilled manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, and patient education.
The following health conditions are often managed by orthopedic physical therapists:
- Low back and neck pain
- Rotator cuff injuries and other shoulder problems
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-operative rehabilitation from orthopedic surgical procedures
- Muscle strains
- Joint sprains/pain/swelling, including knee and ankle injuries
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
Treatment techniques may include:
- Manual Therapy including:
- IASTYM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization)
- Tendons and muscles can become inflamed when injured or used repetitively. Often these injuries do not heal properly, leaving degenerated tissue that is not able to perform the required tasks. These soft tissue injuries can often result in chronic and recurring pain.
- Common Soft Tissue Conditions
The following are some of the many diagnoses that demonstrate excellent clinical results when treated with IASTYM
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Ankle sprain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylosis)
- Hamstring strain
- Impingement/tendinopathy of the rotator cuff
- IT band syndrome
- Joint contractures
- Jumper’s knee (patellar tendinopathy)
- Neck and Back Sprain/Strain
- Overuse injuries
- Pain or loss of motion following surgery or trauma
- Plantar fasciopathy/heel spurs
- Scar tissue/adhesions
- Shin splints
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylosis)
- Wrist sprain
- Dry Needling
- Exercises: to specifically targeted muscle groups
Schedule an appointment today
Call us at (605) 348-2116 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about how physical therapy can help you today.